Sunday, March 13, 2011

Renee Zellweger says she never planned to be famous

Oscar-winning actress Renee Zellweger has revealed that she never planned to become famous.

The ‘Bridget Jones’s Diary’ star started her career out small.

Among her first roles included appearing in a beer commercial in her home state of Texas and her starring in horror sequel ‘The Return of Texas Chainsaw Massacre’.

“I have never had those thoughts before,” People Magazine quoted Zellweger as saying at the Texas Film Hall of Fame Awards Ceremony.

“I moved to L.A. because I just ran out of things to do. If Austin Studios had been here at the time, I might not have gone anywhere,” she said.

Zellweger – who was born and raised in Katy, Texas, and attended the University of Texas in Austin- was part of Richard Linklater’s Dazed and Confused cast early in her career.

“I felt really lucky to be a glorified extra on [Dazed and Confused],” Zellweger said.

“I learned so much about how a film set works and how it breaks down into different departments and what your responsibilities are as a performer when you are participating in a collaborative effort,” the actress added.

No comments:

Post a Comment